Get instant access to thousands of full-color topo maps for the entire state on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device These offline gps hunting maps work off-the-grid, even when you're far from cell phone and data networks. They also include GPS mobile apps designed for hunting and fishing, so you can mark points and navigate in the field.
Each memory card includes the following maps, helpful map overlays, and supported apps:
- Every SD card comes pre-loaded with an entire state's worth of full-color USGS topo maps.
- Topo maps feature 15 zoom levels (1:250K to 1:24K) and 3 super-zoom levels so you can see your exact location in great detail.
- Maps work off-the-grid. No cell or data connection is required.
We collected recon on more than 167.2 million private land plots in 39 states, the most comprehensive private land ownership coverage available for hunters on smartphones and tablets. Our private land overlays include:
- Plot boundaries. See the borders of private lands over detailed topo maps.
- Landowner’s name. Find out who owns the land.
- Land address. Get the physical address of the land.
- Parcel number. See the county parcel number assigned by the county assessor.
Public Lands & Hunt Units
- See color-coded boundaries for national parks and monuments, national forests, national wildlife refuges, state and military lands, and more.
- View popular hunt units and game management units.
- See updated information for more than 1 million miles of forest roads. Check out which dirt roads are open for cars or 4-wheel drive vehicles, which dirt roads are closed, and which dirt roads are no longer managed by land managers.
- See 10-foot underwater depth contours for 6,900 lakes across the U.S.
Trimble GPS Apps
These memory cards instantly work on all our hunting and fishing apps. Both the free and pro versions.
- Trimble GPS Hunt (iPhone, Android)
- Trimble GPS Fish (iPhone, Android)
- Trimble GPS Maps (iPad)
|Features||GPS Hunt Topo Map SD Cards + Private Lands (includes navigation app)||Garmin eTrex 30||Garmin GPSMAP 62st|
|Pre-loaded 1:100k topo maps|
|Hunt Unit/GMU overlays*|
|Lake Maps: Underwater depth contours for more than 6,900 lakes.*|
|Public land boundaries: See National Park, U.S. Forest Service, and BLM land boundaries in 46 states.*|
|Up-to-date forest road maps: More than 1 million miles of 4WD, ATV and dirt roads in 142 national forests and BLM lands.*|
|Built-in memory||Minimum of 5GB||1.7GB||3.5GB|
|Take photos and videos|
*Available in select states
GPS Hunt Topo Maps SD Cards + Private Lands cover more than 167.2 million private land plots and are available for the following states and regions.
- Mid-Atlantic (NJ, DE, MD, DC)
- North Carolina
- New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT)
- New Mexico
- New York
Supported Mobile Devices
Off-The-Grid Maps are compatible with Apple iPhones and iPads. Insert the memory card into a computer, then drag the map files into Apple iTunes. The map files will sync to your iPhone or iPad and into the supported Trimble GPS apps where the maps are viewable (no cell or data connection required).
Off-The-Grid Maps work in Android-powered smartphones with a SD/microSD slot. Plug the memory card into the Android device and launch one of the supported Trimble GPS apps listed below. Go to the map screen in the app to view instant topo maps (no cell or data connection required).
Off-The-Grid Maps work with the free and pro versions of Trimble GPS Hunt (iPhone, Android), Trimble GPS Fish (iPhone, Android) and Trimble GPS Maps (iPad) apps.
Trimble GPS Hunt, the most downloaded and top grossing hunting GPS app on Android and iPhone, is a navigation app built solely for hunters. The app taps into your smartphone’s GPS to show you your current GPS location. Use the app to track wildlife, mark waypoints, take trophy photos, see weather reports, view ballistics info, and privately save your trips to GPSHuntFish.com. When combined with Off-The-Grid Maps, the GPS Hunt app turns a smartphone into a full-fledged GPS unit with super-detailed maps that work in remote places without a cell or data connection.
Trimble GPS Fish is a navigation app designed for anglers. Mark fishing hotspots, collect tracks, see GPS location, see weather and much more. When combined with Off-The-Grid Maps, the GPS Hunt app turns a smartphone into a full-fledged GPS unit with super-detailed maps that work in remote places without a cell or data connection.
Trimble GPS Maps is designed to plan and organize hunting and fishing trips. Save big quantities of topos and private land information onto your iPad with the new Off-The-Grid Maps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a cell or data connection to view the maps?
No. These maps work off-the-grid, so you can view high-resolution topos and map overlays when you’re far from cell and data networks. In addition, you view these maps within our mobile apps which tap into the device’s GPS to show you an exact location.
How do I view the maps on my phone?
View specific device details below. Also, see www.gpshuntfish.com/install for more information.
iPhones or iPads
- Plug the Trimble SD card into your Mac or PC. Note: The microSD card slides into the larger SD card adaptor.
- Install a supported Trimble app on your device. Supported apps: Trimble GPS Hunt, Trimble GPS Fish, and Trimble GPS Maps (iPad only).
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB.
- Launch the latest iTunes on your computer.
- Select your device in the Devices list in the top-right of iTunes.
- Click the Apps tab on the top of the iTunes screen.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section.
- From the Apps list, select the app that you want to install maps files on. For example: “GPS Hunt.”
- On the right side of iTunes, in the app’s Documents section, click the Add button.
- Browse to the SD card and the TrimbleMapBundles folder.
- Select the activationkey.txt file
- Select the .tdkb file (example: Arizona.tdkb). This is where boundaries for hunt units/GMUs, counties, national parks, and wilderness areas are found.
- Select the map files you want by County. For example, if you want Apache County map files, select all the files named Apache County. Select Open or Add button then files will load into iTunes.
- Click Done on the top-right of iTunes. Disconnect the device from computer.
- Launch app on iPhone or iPad. Go to Offline Maps. See the map files load into the app. You can view these offline maps on the main Map screen. Maps will work without a cell or data connection.
- Insert the memory card into your Android phone or tablet.
- Install Trimble GPS Hunt or Trimble GPS Fish.
- Launch app. Go to Offline Maps. See your map bundle load into the app. You can view these offline maps from the main Map screen. Maps are stored on your device and will work without a cell or data connection.
Do you use USGS topo maps?
Yes. Each memory card comes with full-color USGS topographical maps in 18 zoom levels. These topo maps are also scanned, enhanced, and updated by our sister company, MyTopo. In addition to base topo maps, each memory card includes extra map overlays where available. The extra overlays can include public land boundaries, private lands, forest roads, hunt units, and lake maps with underwater depth contours. Check out the specific state pages for more details on map coverage.
Can I record tracks and mark waypoints while using Off-The-Grid Maps?
Yes. Our apps work seamlessly with Off-The-Grid Maps to turn your smartphone into a full-fledged GPS unit that works in remote places without a cell or data connection. Launch the app to view statewide topo maps, see public land & private land boundaries, record tracks, mark waypoints, and take photos and videos.
How much of my device’s internal memory will be used?
Android: Hardly any. All of the maps are stored on the memory card, so you don’t have to give up precious internal device memory to store and view maps. We also leave extra space on each memory card, so you can store your own apps, photos, etc. on the SD/microSD card.
iPhone/iPad: As much or as little as you want. You can handpick what maps you want stored on your iPhone or iPad. For instance, if you are exploring in Adams County, only drop the Adams County maps onto your iPhone or iPad. Most iPhones or iPads don’t have enough internal space to store an entire state’s worth of topo maps and private lands. For example, the state of Utah is roughly 10 gigs of maps. That’s a lot. That’s why we allow you to pick-and-choose the maps you need and drop them into your iTunes account. You manage map files similar to how you manage music or video files on your iOS device.